Encourage a love of stories at Preschool Storytime. Explore a wide range of topics with your pre-schooler discovering engaging and well-written picture books.
This session uses songs, action rhymes, simple questions and games to keep your pre-schooler engaged and fosters early-literacy and social skills. At some locations, stay for craft at the end of the session.
Best suited for children aged 2-5 years.
These drop-in sessions are free and run during school terms only.
Why is it important?
- Widens your child's vocabulary and teaches general knowledge
- Develops skills and knowledge needed to read later on and a love of books
- Gives your child an opportunity to develop their independence, practice social and other skills needed for pre-school and school
- Provides ideas on how to foster literacy at home
- Helps with co-ordination and physical readiness for school
Sessions and Locations
|Moorebank Library 11am||Liverpool City Library 10am||Casula Library 11am||Carnes Hill Library 10am||Green Valley Library 10am|
Due to COVID-19 all sessions at the libraries are currently limited to 20 visitors for Baby Rhymetime, Toddlertime and Storytime. Tickets are required to attend the event, parents are asked to collect a ticket 30 minutes prior to the event.
Spots will be marked 1.5m apart for parents and children to sit during the session. Children and parents are asked to remain seated, or dance on the spot during the session.
Scarves and shakers will be cleaned after each use. Hand sanitiser will be provided, but we encourage parents to use a brand they’re familiar with if they have any concerns.
We encourage children and parents to wash their hands before and after attending.