Read and Listen to our digital collections including eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines suitable for kids of all ages.
Stuck what to read next? With Find Your Next Read there's plenty of resources to help parents and kids encourage a love of reading.
Story Box Library
Watch and Listen to children's stories being read aloud by Australian and New Zealand storytellers. Puzzles and activities available to complete and download at the end of the stories.
Suitable for Ages: 3-12
Get started with Story Box Library
- Videos of various lengths, read aloud by engaging storytellers such as actors and authors
- Search stories by age group, video length, theme, award, author and illustrator or by storyteller
- Puzzles and activities available after most books or short films
Help guide for Story Box Library
Browse, borrow and download both eBooks and eAudiobooks from Australia's leading publisher Bolinda.
Suitable for Ages: 3-13
Get started with BorrowBox
- Australian and International authors
- Over 1,500 titles for children
- Fiction and non-fiction titles
- Suitable for all ages
- Borrow 50 items at one time
- 3 week loan period
- Liverpool library membership required to set up your account
Early Learning by World Book
Early Learning is designed for preschool to kindergarten students with tools and content that reinforces early childhood curriculum via short videos, read-aloud stories, printable activities, and matching and tracing games, among others.
Suitable for Ages: 3-6
Get started with Early Learning by World Book
- Provides short videos, read-aloud stories, printable activities and educational games
- An "Early Learning Basics" section of the site, designed for preschoolers to Kindergarten students. Here you can find basic building blocks like letters, numbers, counting, and classification into one easy-to-navigate section.
- Guided reading program with stories spread across Lexile levels provide building blocks for early learners.
- Videos, categorized by subject and designed to provide visual, real-world examples of high-interest topics.
- Both fiction and nonfiction stories, categorized by topic
- Activities, categorized by type, can be done within the paint application offered in Early Learning, or are available as printable Print & Do activities.
- Emergent readers will engage in an interactive and playful environment of topical content worlds with bursts of information to support microlearning.
Help guide for Early Learning by World Book
Published by Good Reading, PK Magazine is suitable for primary school students, covering book reviews, art, and more. Past issues can be found by clicking the three lines in the top right corner.
Suitable for Ages: 5-11
Get started with PK Magazine
- Highlights Australian and New Zealand content
- Kids can submit content to be published
- Provides book and art reviews, author profiles, short stories, book trivia and more
- Issues go back to 2004
- Full text replica issues available
- Website fully searchable to look for your favourite book or author
Help guide for PK Magazine
National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids magazine gets kids excited about their world around them. Each issue is packed with fun features and facts about animals, science, technology and more. It makes learning fun!
Suitable for Ages: 6-14
Get started with National Geographic Kids
- Topics include science, nature, culture, archaeology and space
- Provides all National Geographic Kids magazines from 2009 to present
- Searchable collection of books, maps, images, and videos
- Full text replica of magazines available
Help guide for National Geographic Kids
Find Your Next Read!
Not sure which book to read next? Search by author, genre, theme, or browse award winning book lists from the following digital resources:
Who Next...? A guide to children’s authors is an online tool designed to help encourage children and young people to read more widely, by suggesting authors they might enjoy.
Suitable for Ages: 0-14
Get started with Who Next...? A Guide to Children's Authors
- Browse by authors names to find a list of similar authors
- Select from a list of options such as genres, ages, or more to create a list of authors that might interest your child
- Under 'Features' on the website, find different categories such as Graphic Novels or Book Awards
Help guide for Who Next...?
The Source is a subject guide to children’s fiction, poetry and short stories from around the world.
Suitable for Ages: 5-14
Get started with The Source - Magpies Magazine
- Search by Books & Authors, Poets & Poetry, Short Stories and Awards
- Includes children's classics as well as modern children's literature
- Emphasises Australian and New Zealand literature
- Only available in the library
Help guide for The Source
The Challenge aims to encourage a love of reading for leisure and pleasure in students, and to enable them to experience quality literature.
Suitable for Ages: 5-14
Get started with the Premier's Reading Challenge
- Booklists are sorted into groups based on school year: K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9+
- Browse by title, author or category
- Updated yearly
- Don't have to participate in the Challenge to use the booklists, but books read after the Challenge closes do count towards the next year
Help guide for Premier's Reading Challenge