Vocations and Careers OneFile
Vocations and Careers provides access to journals and magazines that aid users in researching a vocation and maintaining a career. The database offers hundreds of current and applicable periodicals, from general career guides to highly specialised industry journals.
Get started with Vocations and Careers OneFile
- Topic finder: visualise connections between search terms and topics and view relevant articles for those topics
- Subject guide search: search our subject index to find articles tagged with specific subject terms
- Accessible format available
- Translations of most articles available
- Highlight and make notes on articles
LinkedIn Learning offers online courses in business, technology, and creative skills to help you achieve your goals, whether for fun or for school or work. Choose from thousands of online courses to learn in-demand skills from real-world industry experts.
Get started with LinkedIn Learning
- Watch bite-sized video courses anytime, anywhere
- Learn at your own pace
- Get personalised course recommendations based on your skills, experience, and goals
- Download courses for offline viewing
- Content available in English, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish and simplified Chinese
|Answering Common Interview Questions||Graphic Design||Learning Python|
|Business Etiquette||Photography||Programming Foundations|
|Communicating with Confidence||Music||Artificial Intelligence Foundations|
When accessing LinkedIn Learning from your computer:
- Go to LinkedIn Learning
- Click 'Get Started'
- Enter your Liverpool Library card number and PIN
When downloading the LinkedIn Learning App:
- Download the LinkedIn Learning app to your device.
- Tap 'Sign in'
- Tap 'Sign in with your library card'
- Type liverpoolcitylibrary as your library ID
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your Liverpool Library card number and PIN.
Transparent Language Online
Explore over 100 world languages including English as a Second Language with Transparent Language Online. Suitable for beginners starting out with the alphabet and travel basics or advancing to conversational skills.
Get started with Transparent Language
- English as a second language available for native speakers of over 25 languages
- Kidspeak Courses available for children aged 6 and over in over 6 languages
- Follow along lesson plans and practice skills to reach your personal goals
How to start if accessing Transparent Language for the first time:
- Visit Transparent Language
- Click on the Sign Up tab and enter your Liverpool Library card number
- Complete the form as required and make sure you take note of your username and password
- Select the language you would like to start learning
Help guide when downloading the App:
- Once you have signed up and created your account, download the app from your app store
- Enter your username and password or scan the QR code found on the 'mobile access' page in Transparent Language
- Now you're ready to learn on the go
Freely available eResources
The following resources are reliable starting points for searching for further education or employment and training opportunities.
The Good Universities Guide will help you find courses at Australia's top universities, TAFEs and training colleges. They provide advice on studying a degree, enrolling in an MBA program, searching for vocational training, choosing a career, looking for scholarships, and more.
Get started with The Good Universities Guide
Myfuture will help students get more information on the career or industry they might want to work in by providing resources to explore career pathways and tools to develop self-knowledge to help with career decision-making.
Get started with Myfuture
You may decide you want short courses or on-the-job training, getting to continue your education while working in the field you're interested in. Skills NSW helps you find these opportunities by listing courses and useful resources to help you navigate the professional world.
Get started with Skills NSW
Skillsroad Virtual 360 Workplace is a great way to explore different industries. See personal stories filmed in virtual reality in different workplaces, including careers offering apprenticeships and traineeships.
Get started with Skillsroad Virtual 360 Workplace
Traineeships and apprenticeships combine on the job training and formal education. This website provides resources on everything you need to know about getting one.
Get started with Traineeships and Apprenticeships
The Uni Guide allows high school leavers to explore, shortlist, compare, and apply for thousands of undergraduate courses, all in one place, helping them to make informed decisions about their careers.
Get started with The Uni Guide
The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) processes applications for admission to most undergraduate courses at participating institutions, and their website has useful information for those leaving high school and thinking about continuing their education.
Get started with Universities Admissions Centre