Discover the power of preparedness with the Australian Red Cross!
Preliminary First Aid Workshop for 13-18 year olds.
Are you keen to learn lifesaving knowledge and develop practical first aid skills? Equip yourself with essential skills that can make a real difference in critical situations.
BYO lunch and drink bottle. Please wear comfortable clothing. You may like to bring a towel to kneel on for the CPR component.
What you'll learn:
- Basic first aid techniques
- CPR and AED usage
- Wound care and bandaging
- Recognising signs of medical emergencies
- How to stay calm under pressure
- The specific topics covered by the course include:
- First Aid principles and priorities
- Recognition of injury or illness
- Recognition and management of an unconscious person
- Principles of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recognition and management of a victim of choking, asthma or epilepsy
- Shock, control of bleeding, care of wounds,<br>pressure bandaging
- Burns and scalds
- Soft tissue injuries and fractures
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Expert instructor from the Australian Red Cross
- Hands-on practice
- Certificate of participation
- Be the hero, make a difference, and be ready to save lives!
Tuesday 9 January
9:30am - 4:00pm (including a half hour break)
Carnes Hill Library
600 Kurrajong Rd, Carnes Hill