HELP US PRESERVE THE HISTORY OF LURNEA!
Do you need help digitising your family history photographs? Do you live in Lurnea?
If you’d like to share an historic photograph of Lurnea with your community, Liverpool City Library would love to hear from you.
We’re putting a call out to the community of Lurnea for historical photographs of places and people in Lurnea which can be digitised and added to Liverpool City Library’s heritage archives.*
Submissions close February 4th, 2023.
- Digital copies of your photographs will be accessioned into Liverpool City Library’s archives. This means you get to keep the original photographs, but the whole community will have access to them for research and enjoyment.
- A selection of these photographs will be displayed at Lurnea Community Hub in Phillips Park in 2023.
- You can drop off your photographs during opening hours to Liverpool City Library (170 George Street, Liverpool) or Liverpool Regional Museum (462 Hume Highway, Cnr Congressional Dr, Liverpool).
- If you prefer to post your photographs to Liverpool City Library, please include your contact details and email address so that the Library can contact you. You’ll need to fill out a Loan Agreement Form which will be emailed to you.
- After the Library has digitised your images, you’ll be provided with the originals and high-resolution digital copies to share with your loved ones, just in time for Christmas!
Oral History call-out
If you think someone from the Lurnea community should record an oral history with Liverpool City Library, you can nominate them by following this link.
*Please note, a member of staff will review your photographs and advise if they are suitable for the project. Not all photographs will be deemed appropriate for submission into the heritage collection. These photographs will not be digitised. For a photograph to be eligible for digitisation you must be the copyright owner of the image, or the image must be out of copyright (created prior to 1956).