1. Liverpool City Council trading as Liverpool City Library (ABN 84 181 182 471) is the promoter (Promoter) of the competition (Competition) whose registered office is at 33 Moore Street, Liverpool NSW 2170.
2. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based on individual creative response. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights.
3. The Competition is being run through the social media platform Instagram. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
4. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter the Competition, as are their immediate families. Immediate families refers to parents, spouses and children.
5. To enter, each entrant must follow the Promoter on Instagram, like and comment on the original post which book they would like to review and why by 11.59pm, 19 May 2019. In order to verify an entry, the entrant’s Instagram profile must be set to public. Up to three entries are permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
6. All entrants must be residents of Australia.
7. Entrants must be the age of 16 years and above and hold a valid library membership.
8. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
9. Winners will be contacted via Instagram on 20 May 2019. Winners are to respond to the Promoter within one week of notification to arrange collection of the publication from Liverpool City Library, 170 George Street Liverpool, NSW 2170
10. Each winner grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, fully assignable, royalty/licence free, perpetual copyright licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public their submitted reviews in various media formats including, but not limited to, print media, including advertisements, yearly calendar, websites, social media and other digital mediums (and for any other purpose in connection with the Promoter’s business).
11. The Promoter agrees and acknowledges that the licence granted under the preceding clause is non-exclusive and is in addition to, and does not affect any use by the Promoter expressly authorised under the Copyright Act. For the avoidance of doubt, the copyright in the winning image vests in the winning entrant.
12. The Promoter reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions with or without notice. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably practicable by the Promoter.
14. By entering the Competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Further, the entrant releases the Promoter from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (howsoever arising), losses (including consequential loss), costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in the Competition, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without any limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)) and any infringement by the entrant of any intellectual property rights of any other person.
15. The Competition commences 14 May 2019 and ceases 19 May 2019.
16. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within two weeks, then the Promoter can award the prize to another valid entrant.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.